Monday 8 September 2008

Some progress this weekend!

Close up of one axle end, near side.
New king pin and bushes fitted, using the modified type.
A nice pair of stub axles and back plates.
Four of the stubborn king pins.
One front axle and four stub axles all in a heap, this cottage industry of mine is taking off, stub axles refurbished while you wait. At least I can do all this in the dry, this summer has been such a wash out round here, I hope you have had better.

Well I have made some progress this weekend, J wise, I have been in the dry i.e. the garage rebuilding two, yes two front axles.
I got the local garage to press out two king pins for me, their press went up to 18 ton's of pressure to push out the pins.
Well I then only had to do a bit of reaming on the new bushes and have started to reassemble the front axle. 
I hope my purchaser turns up  this weekend.!