Thursday 23 October 2008

Progress has slowed, so here's one I found earlier.

As I have been unable to work on my vehicles this week and I did not want any readers to think I had given up, so many other J blogs have stalled recently I thought you might like to read about this lovely mini bus.

Some years ago while working I came across a J type under a large plastic sheet. I went back later as it was a private house to be told that the owner was going to restore it.
Some time later it move and the cover was now off the vehicle.
I had returned in my van and spoke to the owner who was now knocking down the garage and bungalow to build a new property, he was now keen to sell, just at a time I was cash strapped.
He was going to advertise it in a classic commercial magazine but he let me find it a new owner, somebody who would not break it for spares or sell the number.
This I did and I'm glad to say restoration work is progressing if a bit slowly due to a recent house move.
A nice Morris Commercial van with a Martin Walter mini-bus conversion. Worked for the Hounslow Health Authority and then a motor cycle dealer ship.
It will be nice to see it out on the rally field soon.