Wednesday 14 January 2009

yet another j type for sale!


Another nice 1958 JB van, has appeared for sale on e-bay. The Original registration number was WAD 264. This number is on the DVLA computer so the new owner should be able to get it re issued.
Looks like an easy rebuild if you ask me. These old J types are getting rather common now. I thought they were rare. I have sent my local contact out to view it and he will I hope report back with its history/condition and chassis number shortly.
It's so surprising just where all these J types keep coming from, the Cornwall van, did not sell, owner wanting around 12k for it, the shabby film star van has sold to a good home for a reasonable sum. The G.P.O mail van is an excellent project, complete with all its hard if not imposable to replace G.P.O. fittings.
The above van may have surfaced on the "crest of a wave" of interest generated by the Cornwall van.
Another J type link added on the right hand side, do check it out.