Thursday 24 September 2009

How much? You cannot be serious!

More and more I'm living in a world I don't understand.
This pick-up truck sells for £820, you are going to spend thousand's to get that back on the road and yet my pick-up truck was sold for £6K.

So the question is, if vans are worth more than pick-up's what is this worth?
There are some silly prices being paid over here for J type projects.
I thought there was a recession in Britain, that's why my bosses have deemed NO pay rises yet again (not even cost of living). I looked back through all my old pay slips, (I have every one since I started work as an apprentice, age 16, the days of pounds,shillings and pence). I was earning a lot more money ten years ago than I'm now, there's inflation for you.!!
Only a few months ago I was thinking about a five speed gearbox conversion for the JB, as the clutch cover was collapsing and the thrust lever in the gearbox was badly worn . I look at my bank balance now and at the moment I cannot even afford a clutch cover!
I will have to take a long hard look at my fleet and decided which is the next one to sell.

nonymous said...

Well thanks for the interest in the j on my auction.
The next thing for sale on eBay is a 1929 Albion lorry which is in need of renavation but in suprizingly good condition. Great blog site

by the way.

Regards lup1n aka phil.24 September 2009 11:52
Hi Iup1n aka phil,
Thanks for praise about the blog, I cannot contact you as I have cancel my e-bay account, should you read this, could you give me a tiny clue who or where the purchaser lives? Do you happen to know if he has any other old vehicles? How did you get hold of all these wonderful classics? Please reply using the e-mail address rolyjb@yahoo.co.uk. Also if you ever fall over another J type do tip me off as I'm always being contacted and can pass the enquires on. Many thanks..