Sunday 31 January 2010

Pinewood studios, then and now.

Some weeks ago I was given an old picture of my van taken in the 1970's, outside Pinewood film studios. I said I would take the van back to see how it has changed. This I did this morning as I have not used the van for a few weeks it was time to give it a run.Taken from an old photograph the original entrance to the studio, of course Lorry's and all the tradesmen had a side drive way, this entrance was for the "stars" and staff cars.
A slightly more grand entrance, the little Indian guy sitting in his box, who kindly let me park on the pavement while I took this picture this morning. I think he was letting me, very difficult to understand him or for him to understand what I wanted to do. At first he was saying "no filming" next "you want to come in?" maybe he thought I was on official business with my METROPOLITAN POLICE signs on the side of the van, still lots of waving as I drove off, I think in friendship. Or maybe he thought I was just another "mad" English idiot, driving a 50 year old van, at 8.30am on a bright but frosty Sunday morning.