Friday 22 January 2010

Views of Leeds in the 1950's.

16th July 1956, View showing tram no 561 on route 18 Cross Gates with tram on route 16 to New Inn Wortley also visible. Photograph taken at City Square. Post Office and Majestic cinema and ballroom can also be seen. Postal J type goes about its business.
12th July 1955. View looks east towards White Horse Street. Photo of a stone set road with cars and vans parked to sides. To the left a two storey factory and a four to five storey factory with chimney is on the corner of White Horse Street, possibly Dawson & Co or Rhodes and Co Printers.
Description:
4th January 1952. View shows a Leeds Public Health Department ambulance (a Morris van) after an accident, parked in a Leeds City Transport garage. There is a clear view of the Leeds coat of arms on the bodywork. Thanks again to the 6/80 and MO club for this gem.

If you are interested in seeing the shreddies video advert it is on "youtube" under "shreddies ding dong".

Since asking people NOT to use the comments link at the bottom of my postings I have gained two more, although pleased that people are reading my rantings, I cannot reply via this method, so in this instance, George who ever you are, where ever you are I cannot contact you!! I do not know you, I do not have your e-mail address, please, please, please e-mail me and I will reply with the information you need. morris.jtype@yahoo.co.uk