Monday 18 January 2010

Two J types for sale and another found in New Zealand.

A new find in New Zealand, J/R 30530 a 1954/55 J type. In storage for about 11 years, currently in the back of a workshop. Lets hope restoration starts soon.
This Brazilian van is for sale, chassis number J/L 1543, asking price is very high but this is a very rare early van. A J van J/R 749 is in daily use in Australia and is regarded as the earliest J, while J/R 1061 is under restoration also in Australia. There is also a slightly customised van running around in Australia (none standard engine/gearbox/lights and paint job) but its on the road and being enjoyed, is said to be a 1949 van but I'm not sure of the chassis number. So currently the Brazilian van is 3rd or 4th oldest. If your interested in the van, e-mail me, I can give you a contact e-mail address.
Below is a van called "Duncan", this is for sale in Canada.


The very early rear axle and shock absorber mounts can be seen. (Locating brackets on axle shaft are a different length to later ones).
Chassis J/L 2937.
Centre mounted accelerator pedal.

Again if your interested please e-mail me, I do have a contact e-mail address.

Please e-mail me about anything on this site, do not use the comment link at the bottom, I'm currently running 21 Blog sites and I do not often look at each site for comments, sorry.
I also had a comment from a guy about the items I had for sale at the top of the blog, he was most upset, he was in desperate need of an item and felt it was unfair to advertise items for sale in this way. I should have advertised them in a classic car magazine so more people (e.g. him) would have know about the spares. Its a strange old world out there. I'm very happy how quick two of the items sold, cheques arriving the next day, (subject to them clearing), it makes a nice change when fellow J owners pay prompt and up front. I need the money, never been so broke, not since I bought my first house 32 years ago.