Thursday 27 March 2008

Rod is moved over to gain access to the off side, the wing needs welding and a bit of panel beating.

The very rusty nearside front, needs all new pins,bushes and leaf springs.
The grease nipple/front pin has been replaced with an old bolt. Also looks like somebody had a bit of a problem with the drop link from the steering box. 

The offside rear, just started to wire brush all the mud and rust off.


Work started on Rod, lots of parts sourced, a lot of parts I had "in stock" the wheels, tyres and brakes were tackled first, all new parts fitted if they were needed. I have been playing with old vehicles for thirty years and in that time this is the worst one I have worked on. Every nut,bolt,spring,clip,screw is solid,worn,bent,snapped or corroded.
Most bolts had to be cut off and replaced with new, not one item of the old braking system could be reused.
Lots of wire brushing of chassis took place but as I was working in my drive I could only ever work on one side at a time.