Sunday 19 April 2009

Time to tidy the garage.

I have been in a bit of a muddle of late , my garage is a tip, nothing is in the correct place and no room to work.
So a tidy up was on the cards.I had to make some room so I could work on a steering column and binnacle.

Fairly rusty one purchased (I paid well over the odds for this !) and it needs cleaning up a bit and some better instruments fitted. This is one of the many parts I have been on the look out to help Charlie in Canada with his early customised van.
Plenty of cobwebs but all the main items are there except for an oil pressure gauge, so I had a look on good old e-bay and there are a few for sale.
It will need a new regulator box, reproduction items can be had for £20, but I have had two of these being faulty "out of the box".
Guess the mystery item. While having a tidy up I came across the above item, it had me guessing for a short time, it is of course a spare wheel clamp. A few J types are missing this item as the spare wheel carrier rots out very easily and then this bit gets lost. So a nice find and another bit to be fitted to ROD.

E-bay time for ROD is fast approaching, I must sell as "TIMES IS HARD" to quote my boss. I must sell it and cover my costs at the very least. Including  purchase, storage, transportation and spare parts so far fitted, ROD has set me back 4.5K.
He must be worth more, recent other projects that needed a lot of work went for 4.2k and 5K+ so a running road legal J that can be used and improved should be worth more. What do you think?
Maybe J types are getting common, the one below in Australia went for £127, thats all, even ROD is better than that.