Sunday 10 May 2009

If you go down to the woods today!!

As the old song goes, you're in for a big surprise.



Well Sunday morning Caroline and I took the dogs out for our normal walk. We like to do a couple of hours if the weather is good.
Well what do you find in the local "country park" a rather fetching J type ice cream van. Well I just had to walk over to it and check it out. I sat and looked at it long and hard, the registration number looked familiar, so I spoke to the "man in charge" tell me about this van, how old is it. 1960 came the reply, from Pino, a very pleasant chap. Most of you will have already realised that the Registration number is indeed 1960 and was the old blue bread van that was up for sale last year on e-bay. Well it has been totally overhauled by Whitby Morrison and is a real credit to them.

What confused me for a short time was that it had the JB engine cover but has been fitted with the earlier Morris Commercial Badge.
Only recently finished it looked splendid. I asked where they are based
and I'm pleased to say that it is to be local to me.



















So I introduced myself and exchanged details with the owner, and we hope to get ROD and KFL together for a picture.




















So what a plesant way to to find a J earning its keep, a real eye catcher, and when I returned in the afternoon with my camara the crowds were heaving all round the van and cafe. Full credit to them for investing the time and money to get KFL back on the road.