Monday 4 May 2009

The Bank Hoilday draws to a close.

Ken Bennetts 1961 Morris Jb G.P.O. planners van and correct tool cart seen on their way to Brighton. They were taking part in the annual London to Brighton Commercial road run on 3/5/2009. They had great weather for it. I myself did a bit more pottering on ROD and took him out for a spin down to the Petrol Station. I meant to take his picture but forgot, in my haste to leave the very crowded filling station. From there I popped in to work and parked up with the two van I sometimes drive.

ROD looks a bit lost next to these every day vans. From there I went for a longer drive and did a rather scenic route back home. I stopped at a junction to turn right, opposite this junction is a Public House, and a friend of mine was standing outside in the fine rain having a cigarette. He waved, so I drove over. He bought me a drink and we went back out side. Most of the "pub" had now emptied and the men were all looking and pointing. One was even on his knees checking the "beautiful shaped" wooden beams on ROD. He was so impressed by all the work that Mr Snow had put it to building the body.
I got home a wee bit late but it did make a nice change.
ROD ran well and I will try to book him in for an MOT this week.