Thursday 21 August 2008

At last the job is finished.

A trial fit of all components. the van is on full Right hand lock to check for any problems.
Its now on full left hand lock.
While I had this all stripped out I felt I should check on the brake shoes, only half worn but as I never "muck about" with brakes I fitted a new set of shoes.
I might try and make a starter motor/dynamo/petrol pump last a bit longer but brakes if in doubt I always fit new parts.
Nice new bonded linings.
This is the finished near side. What has been done to one side must be done to both.
Looks like I will have to do a lot of cleaning and painting on this side!
Well I have managed to finish OBL432 at long last. All the new bits have been fitted and we have all four wheels on the ground again. 
So its cleaning and painting time again, I just have to wait for the summer rain to stop.

I just want to do a bit of step repair,(both sides), now my panel repair skill are not so hot so I will have to seek out an expert named Maurice. ( If your reading this Maurice the phone will be ringing shortly, and the cheque for the last bill is in the post, honest).