Thursday 14 August 2008

What another J type axle?




Yet another front axle has been dragged from the rear of the lock up garage. This one to be overhauled for a fellow J type owner, I will get his old one back.
I had half a day off work as I needed with some urgency to fit a water pump to my everyday car my 1960 Morris Minor. Having done that and due to the constant rain, well it is summer, I dragged/carried the axle into my garage. Its funny since having a tidy up only a few weeks ago I can hardly find the floor, so much stuff has migrated back in.
Despite it's rusty appearance the axle is in good shape, all the nuts and bolts undid without too much effort. It is now ready to be cleaned up and new bushings fitted.
I might start a "cottage industry " over-hauling front axles.
I'm still waiting for the final parts for OBL 432, what can I say apart from " I was Shocked by the none arrival of the parts" clue in the quote as too what is missing, they were "put in the post same day" I was informed, we will have to check the post mark when the package does arrive.