Thursday 7 August 2008

A Morris badge purchased in Australia.


A nice Morris Commercial badge, purchased on e-bay Australia. I often have a look at what's for sale out there and also New Zealand, (No e-bay, they have Trade-me instead)  Prices are cheap, shame about the freight charges for whole vehicles but small items are a "snip".
This badge was A$2.00, yes two Australian dollars, I was the only bidder and with postage it came to £4.12. 
A rare badge approx 9 x 2 inches from a lorry that had a coach built body, the seller removed it as a boy thirty years ago, said he had never seen a lorry like it before or since.
He is keeping an "eye out" for me for any other Morris commercial/ J type spares/ badges/books and even whole rusty vehicles. He tells me that China is "hungry" for scrap metal and high prices are being paid, lots of old vehicles are being cleared from the out back and exported as they are now worth removing. So many vehicles are being lost for ever.