Monday 2 March 2009

Recent finds and recent van sales.

Another van has changed hands, the postal G.P.O. van that did not sell a few weeks ago was re-advertised this Saturday at 3p.m. by 5p.m. it had been snapped up for the buy it now price of 5.5K. If I had the money I would have bought this, with all its original equipment, it would be hard to replicate. I do hope the new owner from Kent (and already has an Austin 101) will restore it as a postal van and not convert it to an ordinary van.
Further update on this is that I understand it has been bought by the chap that bought the other van that was advertised on e-bay last March for a buy it now price of £2000 (see my blog entry for that month).The 101 when purchased last year.



Also another J type van has been found in Wales, details are scarce but it is a "flatpack" van and some bits have already been removed. Further details of this vehicle are, its a Jb from March 1959, chassis number JB/MR 39667.