Sunday 30 August 2009

Another blog site.

Just to let other J type owners know there is another J blog out there. All about a 1961 JB planners van. Do take a look, its in its early days but if it carries on it should be a good one. I do like the mention of "waited a year for a rear cross member and then it was wrong" just about sum's up what we already know.
Link to this site is http://morrisjbvcan.webs.com/ and I will be putting it shortly with all the others on the right.


OBL 432 outside a period garage sales room.

On a lighter note, I have found a stockist of old Lucas items that have both Lucas 470 and 470-2 lamps in stock, new old stock. They think they also have new lenses, rims and gaskets and will get back to me shortly. They have new boxed lamps and at the price they are quoting it's no wonder they still have them. As nobody with an early van has indicated (no light pun intended) which is the correct square lamp for an early J type, I cannot pass on the correct part number for all you auto-jumble hunters but if you find either type new boxed for under £100 buy it! They are rare and sort after. Good luck with the hunt.
Could I ask that if you send me any pictures that they could be Jpeg's and please note do not send them as windows messenger, as all I get is a matchbox size image. Not all people use window's machines or have/use the in-line e-mail photo service that they are fond of promoting, separate attachments of 300k would be great. I can always make them smaller never bigger.