Friday 7 August 2009

The re-match me verses the near-side engine mount.

Well I attacked the near-side engine mount again, what a nasty job. With the engine off-set there is very little clearance to even get near the three bolts on the engine bracket with a set of spanners.I knew I would have to undo the four engine mounting bracket bolts holding it onto the chassis rail. This was because there was no way to undo the single nut at the bottom of the engine mount rubber block.
So all seven nuts and bolts played hard to get and as normal they would not undo with the fingers till the very end.
I struggled for over an hour but at last won and the rubber engine mount was soon changed. The next job is to give the engine and engine bay a good degrease and a repaint would be a good idea.
Also some of the wiring needs tidying up and the broken fuel pump cover needs replacing. Still lots of pottering jobs that I can fit in over the next few days.
I sprayed the engine bracket white just so it would stand out a bit better in the pictures.
You can see I have already changed from a dynamo to an alternator and if you look closely you can also see the spin on oil filter conversion. Easier when doing an oil change, less chance of a leak and much better filtration.
As normal Captain Chickenzie came to see what I was doing. That is just one nosey chicken.
More pictures have been added to the MYtH site and the J type van picture album site, enjoy.