Monday 10 August 2009

Gearbox tail shaft oil seals.


OBL has a slight oil leak from the the rear oil seal on the output shaft of the gearbox.Not a big problem, I had ordered a new seal the other week but when I tried to fit it, I found out it was the wrong one. I was unaware there are two types. So do check which gearbox type you have. Current part number for the early one, item seven, is 11G3147Z while the current part number for the later type (item 8) is RTC447A.

On a further note of early and late items, did you know there are 3 types of water pump you can get for a "B" series engine and I don't mean one for the 1498/1622/1789 cc versions. Yes 3 for the 1498cc "our engine".
I'm investigating part numbers and compatibility and will get back to you with the current part number of a pump that fits.

I have had a few people ask me about the engine mount rubbers, well it turns out that these are series one, 2.25 ltr Petrol engined Land Rover ones. Part Number NRC2054.
Manufactures number GR0700097.

The MYtH blog has been updated today with a further 18 wonderful picture which brings the story up to June this year.